Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RC Tank Trading/Buying

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 04:45 AM
rcboaterbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Take a look at the Sabertooth, by Dimension Engineering. But why would you need two ESCs for a boat? One esc for the motor and a servo for rudder, right?
Thanks, I’ll check that out. To answer your questions:

My basic boat/car radio has one stick to control the motor using an ESC (with reverse) the controls the steering. The Tamiya unit combines and mixes two ESCs, to give tank-like control, with no steering servo. There are special cases where you may need a similar mixer for a small twin-screw boat with no rudder, such a special tug boats- ones that need to be able to spin in place.
Old 05-17-2024, 05:15 AM
Max-U52

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Ok, I get it. Definitely a sabertooth, maybe a 2x12. It's a dual motor controller with forward and reverse. I use one in most of my 1/6 tanks, but I use the 2x32 because they're rather heavy. The 2x32 part means 2 drive channels and it will handle 32 amps. For a boat you shouldn't need that much, that's why I said a 2x12 should be good for your boat.
Old 05-17-2024, 07:04 PM
rcboaterbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Ok, I get it. Definitely a sabertooth, maybe a 2x12. It's a dual motor controller with forward and reverse. I use one in most of my 1/6 tanks, but I use the 2x32 because they're rather heavy. The 2x32 part means 2 drive channels and it will handle 32 amps. For a boat you shouldn't need that much, that's why I said a 2x12 should be good for your boat.
I think you misunderstood what I’m looking for- I am trying to repair my 1/16 Tamiya Sherman. That has a pair of 380 motors.

Again, Thanks for the tip on the Sabertooth! I see they also have a 5A version, which may be all I’ll need. I’ll do a full power test with my ammeter to see what sort of peak current the 380 motor actually draws, then order accordingly.

Last edited by rcboaterbill; 05-17-2024 at 07:27 PM. Reason: fixed typos
Old 05-26-2024, 01:23 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For sale M10 resin kit with Sherman project

Hi all !
This has been on the back burner for a while and I don’t see myself getting to it anytime soon. I got the resin Kit from Dean and the Sherman is new in box , I never even turned it on. There is a sheet of allied decals. No battery for the Sherman. I took it out to make shipping easier. I would prefer continuous states as shipping will be easier.
Asking $200 plus whatever it costs to ship. Cheers Mark
I’m trying to post pics also. I am in California
It won’t give me the option to post pics with my phone ? MSG me for photos

Last edited by Markocaster; 05-26-2024 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 10:11 AM
Ziptar

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Markocaster
Hi all !
This has been on the back burner for a while and I don’t see myself getting to it anytime soon. I got the resin Kit from Dean and the Sherman is new in box , I never even turned it on. There is a sheet of allied decals. No battery for the Sherman. I took it out to make shipping easier. I would prefer continuous states as shipping will be easier.

PM Sent.
The following users liked this post:
Markocaster (06-01-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 05:28 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I've gone through my list of 1/16 kits for sale and have reduced many of the prices, including the NIB Imai Elefant kit (!).

I've also corrected the list to reflect the one Asiatam kit that I believe was listed in error: a Porsche Tiger ( Porsche lower/Tiger turret) vs a Porsche Bergetiger.

Check it out here: 1/16 scale kits for sale!!

Jerry
Old 06-01-2024, 09:07 AM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Markocaster
Hi all !
Sold to Ziptar